Barrington House, SE5
The project was initiated due to leaks into the top floor flats caused by deterioriation of the mineral felt roof and a variety of other factors. Canonbury Building were engaged to effect a number of repairs listed below which was carried out to timescale and budget.
- Scaffolding to front elevation
- Tap testing and rerendering of parapet walls and repainting.
- Rake out and repointing of chimneys.
- Removal of tiled surface and set aside
- Removal and disposal of bitumen felt surface
- Installation of insulation and plyboard sheets to the whole of the roof surface laid to falls to allow rainwater run off
- Apply two layers of roofing fibreglass and single layer of topcoat
- Relay existing tiles on tile pads
- Cut outlets and line with fibreglass and fit new leaf guards
- Fit new cowls on all chimney pots
- Fitted new insulation and fibreglass covering to stair entrance to roof
- Recondition the door to the roof terrace with replacement of rotten section.
- Replacement of two bay roof coverings.
- Install new GRP Cast iron effect guttering to bay windows
- Fit new rainwater hoppers